Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cave of the Bells

Now that I am the Young Men's President, I also serve as the Venturing Advisor which is similar to a Scoutmaster in Boy Scouts. We are working on getting our Ranger Award and have decided to do the Cave Exploration Elective. The first cave that we explored was the Cave of the Bells located in the Santa Rita Mountain Range southeast of Tucson. The Cave is well known for the lake that is in the bottom which is heated from sources beneath it (i.e. magma or steam). I was shocked at how challenging and adventurous the cave would prove to be. Our path was full of tight spaces and sudden drop offs. It definitely wasn't a trip for the weak of heart. No body got seriously hurt and the boys felt triumphant for overcoming their fears and challenges. I tried to take pictures of the inisde of the cave, but due to the lack of lighting and my weakness in photography, none of the pictures turned out very well. So I guess you will just have to experience the cave for yourself.

Picture of the crew after the adventure



Eric found some soiled underwear which was later burned


All of the boys slept on the ground without tents



Breakfast Burritos! Yummmmm!


20 Pushups for littering












3 comments:

Scott A. said...

That trip sounds so cool. I'm glad you are keeping the the litter/push up rule still alive. Activities like that make me want to move down to Tucson.

Kaylee Baldwin said...

Yo!!
You need to add me to your links!

Anonymous said...

that underwear tasted the best.. we should go back for seconds????