Sunday, October 5, 2008

2008 Stake Young Men's Campout



Last weekend we had our annual Stake Young Men's campout. This year it was held at the Double-V Scout Ranch near Old Tucson Studios. The focus of the camp was how small decision can have a huge and lasting effect on the boys life. All of the skits that the boys did were based around the theme as well. Our boys (shown above) did really good at the wilderness survival workshop. I was surprised at how well the held up considering that they went to bed around 5:00 AM and I had them up at 5:30 to get ready for breakfast. They really enjoyed the fire starting part of the workshop. Especially when they found out that they could burn holes in shoes (shown below). Stake functions have been sporadic at best lately but this activity definitely was a great event. I think that things are starting to look up for the youth program here in the stake.



No comments: