Sunday, November 23, 2008

Picacho Peak



This month we went to Picacho Peak. I was glad that the boys decided to go there because I have driven by the peak about a million times going between Phoenix and Tucson and I have always wanted to hike it. The peak is located almost equally between here and Phoenix and was a great weekend to be hiking. Several other scout troops thought the same thing because we ran into boys from all over the state including Tucson, Sahuarita, Gilbert, Tempe, and Mesa. We made the accent in about a hour and a half but it only took us 45 minutes to go back down. The boys started moving really fast when I promised them Dairy Queen if they beat the eleven year old scouts to the bottom. The hike was really fun too because there were some challenging spots that had cables to help support our climb. I would recommend the hike to anybody looking for a short adventure during the cooler months of the year.






I was acting like I was falling. I ended up just looking dumb.

No comments: